Tabs, was: Re: For the future - requests for the W3C (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Tue, 14 May 1996 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Tabs, was: Re: For the future - requests for the W3C (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Charles Peyton Taylor shaped the electrons to say...
>Do you mean indenting the first line of a paragraph
>like this:
>     The velocity of time is turning her
>voice into sugar water.

I mean like this.  This is how TAB works while typing, it just bumps text
over to the next tab stop and doesn't effect the rest of the lines.

>or every line of a paragraph like this:
>     The velocity of time is turning her
>     voice into sugar water.

This is most like a blockquote - the conventional way to handle them in
text is to indent the entire quote.

>Anyway, I think it should be clear what exactly is meant.
>Also, does <tab> imply a line break? What if it occurs in
>the middle of a sentence?

Definitely not.  That would reduce its usefulness next to nil.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'