Re: HTML 3.2 [was: Unique Names & content scope -Reply ]

Lineaer Algebraiker (
Wed, 08 May 1996 11:16:17 +0200

To: Dave Carter <>
Subject: Re: HTML 3.2 [was: Unique Names & content scope -Reply ]
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 11:16:17 +0200
From: Lineaer Algebraiker <>

> Daniel,
> 	Where is the <math> draft in all of this. In science and
> engineering, which is after all where WWW came from, <math> is vitally
> important, to me it is more important than any other possible html 3
> enhancements put together.
> =

> Dave Carter
> =

> =

Hear Hear! How about putting <math> at the *top* of the priorities list (=
in = )! =

Re: the discussion on ratio of serious/entertainment use of HTML:
Why can't the 'serious' part of the web community ( this forum ;-) !) =

concentrate on 'serious' issues and let the entertainment people find out=
 how =

to animate XXX.gif in Java etc.?

I would still like to see input on whether a token like &times; should ha=
ve =

the same representation in all parts of *one* document.

-- =

James =D8. Baum
MA104 Line=E6r Algebra Fjernundervisningsprosjektet -
MA104 Linear Algebra 'Open University Project'
Institute of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway

PS <array> support is still at the top of my Arena wishlist!