Re: Background Soundtracks

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 10:30:47 -0700

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: "Jason O'Brien" <jaobrien@fttnet.com>, "'www'" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Background Soundtracks
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 10:30:47 -0700

Jason O'Brien wrote:
> I just wanted to post this in the hopes that Netscape will soon
accept
> the BGSOUND tag and future HTML designs will incorporate this or
> something similar

You're looking to get flamed, right? Well, not by me. I agree with
you. Like BLINK, this is one of those tags that are rarely needed but
when they are they are REALLY needed.

For example, I'd like to do a page that simulates an elevator falling
from the top of an infinitely tall building, but it just won't be at
all effective if I can't have "Shepherd Moons" playing at 10x in the
background.

I thought the OBJECT tag was supposed to take care of things like
this. What happened to it?

David Perrell