Re: Doesn't the ALT field of an image support ä?

>>At 10.59 1996-04-20 -0700, you wrote:

>>The specs say:
>>"The alt text can contain entities e.g. for accented characters or special
>>symbols, but it can't contain markup. The latter is possible, however, with
>>the FIG element"
>
>Ummm.. what spec says that? The _expired_ march '95 HTML 3 draft?
>Perhaps. Please cite your source.

Cited from http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html3/img.html (Permitted
Attributes/ALT).
I do understand that the draft's expired but if there is any better and more
up-to-date source of information regarding hlml3 specs I'd be glad to know
where I can find it.

>>Entities in ALT don't validate.
>I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.

None of my pages would ever validate. I tried it last just a few minutes ago.

SGML error at -, line 27 at """:
       NAME = "%26;aring;lder" attribute value defaulted: invalid character
%26;aring; is in fact Å

Eva