Footnotes in HTML

Francois Stragier (
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:49:55 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Francois Stragier <>
Subject: Footnotes in HTML
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:49:55 +0200 (MET DST)

  First, I'd like to say I'm a newbie here, so if this mail is
somehow inappropriate, please don't flame me, just let me know it...

  For a "long" time, I want to be able to use footnotes in HTML.
I don't know any easy way to get it, so I propose an extension
to HTML, that would make it easy to replace footnotes.

  By the way, I propose a way to have syntax highlighting in HTML
(for C, Perl etc.) that would help some programmers who find that
the <CODE> tag isn't enough.

  I won't explain it here, but you can go and see at:

  Any comment would be appreciated.

 Francois Stragier - -
 Snail: 212 rue de Tolbiac - 75013 Paris - France - Phone: +33-1-
 "A bus station is where the bus stops, a train station is where the train
 stops; on my desk I have a workstation..."