Re: Describing links

MegaZone wrote:
> Once upon a time Walter Ian Kaye shaped the electrons to say...
> >Sorry to burst yer bubble, but Netscape got the idea first! I wish I could
> >remember the URL where I saw this implemented -- it might've been a Pink
> >Floyd site...
>
> You can do it with JavaScript - onMouseOver call an script to put things
> down there the same way they do scrolling text.

<A title=> is already part of the current standard:

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_5.html#SEC5.7.3

Isn't it a bit absurd to have to resort to a scripting language to provide
such a simple feature?  Why inline the same script in every single
document, when the same functionality could be added just once to the
browser?

--
Michael Seaton(mseaton@inforamp.net)