Re: loading instance as .XML page

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:46:46 +0100
To: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi Iņaki,

> I would know, is it possible to load a XForms instance in a new page as a
> XML document?
>
> I tried using:
>
> <xforms:load show="new" ref="instance('generalRequest')" />

The value that you get from @ref is used as a URL, I'm afraid. The
only way to achieve what you want is to let the instance that you are
trying to retrieve replace the current page, using a submission with
@replace set to "all".

Having said that, it's an interesting use case, and perhaps you should
look at turning it into a feature request. A good place to start would
be to give some illustrations of the kinds of things you are trying to
do.

> but it loads the entire XHTML document another time!
> (I must say that there are a warning 'Instance document did not validate'
> related with this instance)

It's probably because there is no URL in your instance, but I couldn't
be certain.

> And if the instance src attribute loads an XML document with a call to a
> XSLT: will be this XSLT applied in the loaded instance?

Do you mean an XSLT processing instruction is in the XML? I doubt that
this would be processed within an XForms instance.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer