RE: loading instance as .XML page

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:34:35 -0700
To: <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, "www-forms" <www-forms@w3.org>

You might be able to use the data: url scheme if you had a way to serialize the instance to a string, either an extension function or an offbox submission that does it.

<xf:bind nodeset="instance('serialized')/dataURI" calculate="concat('data:', instance('results')/serialized)" />
<xf:submission method="post" action="serialize-to-string.cgi" ref="instance('generalRequest')" replace="instance" instance="serialized">
  <xf:load ev:event="xforms-submit-done" show="new" ref="instance('serialized')/dataURI" />