RE: Button with an image.

Goodrich, Christopher Michael wrote:
>> Which begs the question, if you are implementing HTML inside of
>> Xforms, doesn't it have to conform with the XHTML standard for code
>> validation?
>
>Which XHTML standard? XHTML 1.0, for example, doesn't include XForms,
so >you can never conform to it when you are using XForms in the same
>document.

I was referring to the inclusion of HTML in Xforms, not the inclusion of
Xforms in HTML.  That inclusion implies that there should be some
standard for forming the tag that has been included.  My assumption
would be that including any tag that derived it's base from HTML would
have to conform to an XHMTL standard since both are under the general
umbrella of XML.

>I do think that when you use certain elements you should use the
>correctly. Which means that for IMG you must declare the ALT attribute.

Absolutely, however, we again run into the question of which standard to
use.  HTML is so loose that the inclusion of an ALT attribute is not
necessary to display properly, and only by social acceptance does it
ever get included.  XHTML on the other hand requires the ALT attribute
to be present in order to conform to the standard and be validated as
proper code.  So, I believe that this application of the button needs to
be properly formed in XHMLT to be validated and that is why he's getting
the error about validation.
--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>