XML History 101

From: Gerald Bauer <luxorxul@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Micah,

> >After all 1.0 versions never really catch on, do
> they?
>
> What we're discussing is technologies based on XML.
>
> XML 1.0.

  That's my point. XML 1.0 is a cleaned-up, simplified
version of SGML and it took off like wildfire.

  Conclusio: It's better to start with a simple core
and then add on to it using real-world experience
instead of using a big-bang approach that supposedly
solves everything from the start.

> You haven't given any indication that you've looked.

  Of course I've looked. I have also read your XForms
Essentials book in progress and as I said before I
applaud your effort. However, your lack of real-world
examples speaks for itself.

> Your opinions will carry more influence when they
> are backed by facts and research.

  Well, my opinion are backed by facts and research
and I'm sure you know the SGML story better than I do.

  - Gerald