Re: XML History 101

From: Binary Runner <binary_runner@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:31:13 +0100 (BST)
To: www-forms@w3.org

>   That's my point. XML 1.0 is a cleaned-up,
> simplified
> version of SGML and it took off like wildfire.
>
>   Conclusio: It's better to start with a simple core
> and then add on to it using real-world experience
> instead of using a big-bang approach that supposedly
> solves everything from the start.

Exactly :), it's a good approach you can see perhaps
      in all new standards. THere is defined simple
core and clean mechanism for extensions (and for
identification of their presence/support). You can see
it in examples SGML vs. XML, DAP vs. LDAP, ... . After
all it follows principle of Occam's razor :), allowing
us to avoid overmatching. I only hope this approach
will be even more wide-spread.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer