RE: History 101

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:44:05 -0700
To: "'Gerald Bauer'" <luxorxul@yahoo.ca>, www-forms@w3.org

Gerald,

>After all 1.0 versions never really catch on, do they?

What we're discussing is technologies based on XML.

XML 1.0.

>I wouldn't call a single academic research
>prototype site significant content.

You haven't given any indication that you've looked.

>See that's my point. Specs rarely work if the leads
>don't "eat their own dogfood", that is, build a
>working prototype themselves.

I'm not sure what a "spec lead" is, but every one of the
editors of XForms is involved in implementing either an
XForms motor or authoring tool.

Your opinions will carry more influence when they are
backed by facts and research.

.micah