XForms and InfoPath

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:40:08 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org, xforms@yahoogroups.com

A follow up comment to my earlier question about XForms and InfoPath.

Quite unexpectedly, today I have ended up reading quite a bit of Microsoft's
publicly available information on InfoPath.

Relevant URLs include:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/infopath/guide.asp (Document download
of ~50 pages)

InfoPath is being sold as XML delivering dynamic forms front end for XML Web

I still haven't seen InfoPath in the flesh but, at the present time, it seems
to me that XForms and InfoPath are going to be going head to head in certain

I think the XML-enabled forms space is going to be a very, very interesting
one over the next couple of years.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if both XForms and InfoPath "win" - in the
sense that both technologies gain substantial market following.

Maybe, just maybe, InfoPath 2.0 will make use of XForms??? :)

Interesting times lie ahead. At least that is my $0.02. :)

Andrew Watt