Re: Question about dispatching notification event when it applies from inheritance

From: Allan Beaufour <allan.beaufour@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:17:36 +0100
To: David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com>
Cc: www-forms-editor@w3.org

El Wednesday 18 January 2006 15:25, David Landwehr escribió:
> Dear Working Group,
>
> I have a question which I was a little unsure about from the wording in
> the specification. Must xforms-enabled / xforms-disabled and
> xforms-readonly / xforms-readwrite be dispatched when the state change
> comes from inheritance?

Yes. Section 4.3.6 states:
"If the required model item property changes, then either the xforms-required
event must be marked for dispatch if required is true or the xforms-optional
event must be marked for dispatch if required is false."
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/PER-xforms-20051006/slice4.html#evt-recalculate)
And likewise for readonly and relevant. This is true always, also when the MIP
state change is triggered trough inheritance.

Regards,

Allan Beaufour