Re: Question about when is xforms-value-changed dispatched

From: Allan Beaufour <allan.beaufour@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:10:44 +0100
To: David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com>
Cc: www-forms-editor@w3.org

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 15:31, David Landwehr wrote:
> I have a question about whether xforms-value-changed must be (not be)
> dispatch from a calculate when it does not change its value. The
> attached testcase illustrates that a change to a dummy variable will
> mark the calculate for recalculation but the value will not change
> (unless dummy=''). Is implementations required to check if the
> calculated value is identical with the existing one?

Yes, section 4.3.4 states that:
"If the value of an instance data node was changed, then the node must be
marked for dispatching the xforms-value-changed event"
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/PER-xforms-20051006/slice4.html#evt-refresh)
So the event should only be marked for dispatching when the node value
actually changes.

Regards,

Allan Beaufour