Re: Format name proposals

François REMY wrote:

> Compatibility Web Type fails because it's not correct grammatically

In English, this is a perfectly grammatical label. It is a compound
noun. It also directly parallels related usages such as 'compatibility
mode'.

> Compatible Web Type is correct grammatically, but it doens't have the
> same meaning, even if they're very close.

The fact that they don't have the same meaning further indicates that
both are grammatically correct: they grammatically express different
meanings.

> *Compatible* Web Font (CWF) sounds great for me. BTW, the name doesn't
> matter. Only the implementation does.

I would prefer font to type, also, but unfortunately, the file extension
.cwf is already in use.

J.