RE: Format name proposals

Hello Rich, all,

Just a few thoughts:
1) I'd prefer compatibility over legacy - it sounds better and conveys the exact meaning of what EOTL is. Either compatibility or compatible web type is fine with me (I wish we could used .CWF for "compatible web font", but it's been taken, twice.)

2) Font data format (be it EOT, EOTL or TTF or anything else) has nothing to do with @font-face compliance. IE may have some quirks implementing @font-face, but it's not due to the EOT, it's just "a fact on the ground". So, the answer to the question you put in parentheses is indeed "yes, EOTL is compliant with @font-face, although older IE versions may have some issues".

Cheers,
Vlad