RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:24:00 +0000
To: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
>From: Thomas Lord [mailto:lord@emf.net]
>
>Sylvian,

It's Sylvain, not Sylvian.

>Other than noting them in passing I will put
>aside your distasteful and inappropriate references
>to child molestation.
Thank you. I am glad I could at least communicate some of my distaste for your
tone and rhetoric. We achieved something, at least.

>A simple question has been put before you repeatedly
>which you have so far refused to answer:
>
>If a W3C Recommendation provides at least two
>font formats which UAs are required to support,
>TTF/OTF and "something else", what objection have you?
That rationale has been explained and argued already - including with you specifically - on this mailing list and
others. But you would know that if you could do your interlocutors the courtesy of reading, listening and asking
for clarification when needed in a courteous and respectful manner. Since you are, as far as I can tell, neither willing
nor able to do that, it is unlikely I will bother to provide an opportunity for your next strident monologue.

Again, good luck to you.