Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

A quick follow up to the Håkon/JohnH. exchange
before I attend to Mr. Hudson's thoughtful letter
to me....

Håkon, you object to new font formats that add
more "licensing information".   I think that you
mean formats that define certain new meta-data as
licensing information per se.

Do you object to new formats for font files that
add new meta-data for end-user consumption, where
that new meta-data format specification is agnostic
as to whether or not licensing data is included?

For example, if formats were extended so that
generic user-facing meta-data could be in HTML5
and used for any purpose, have you an objection
to that?

-t