RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:31:11 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 22:24 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> >If a W3C Recommendation provides at least two
> >font formats which UAs are required to support,
> >TTF/OTF and "something else", what objection have you?

> That rationale has been explained and argued already

You might provide a link (because I dispute your
claim that it has been explained) but, regardless,
at this point the question is for others to decide.

My take away as things stand is that Microsoft declines
to clearly state a rationale in this area, leaving the
rest of us to speculate, certain only about Microsoft's
refusal.

-t