[FastMutation] Updated Proposal on the DOM L3 Events Wiki

From: Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:38:47 +0000
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "Jonas Sicking (jonas@sicking.cc)" <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Based on the last round of feedback [1], I've updated the proposal for "Selector-based mutation events" (which I keep calling "fast mutation events" for some reason...). Doug, I'm sure you're hard at work on a better acronym...

In this edition, I expanded the background sections and enumerated many of the usage scenarios, relying heavily on previous email threads and discussions to summarize points. For completeness I also added Jonas' original proposal so that the two could be compared side-by-side. The proposals are very different--each has pros and cons, and I hope that through constructive discussions we can arrive at a unified proposal that will work for most (or all) scenarios.

So, please go read it and let me know what you think: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Selector-based_Mutation_Events_v2_%28needs_a_better_name%29

Doug, consider this the kick-off for W3C-ifying this proposal.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2009OctDec/0140.html