Re: Updated Editor's Draft of DOM3 Events

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:24:45 +0100
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Thanks for the updates and the heads-up.

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:50:33 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, folks-
>
> I just thought I'd let you know about some recent changes to the DOM3
> Events spec, which is available for review [1]:
>
> * converted to using my proposed typographic conventions, and other
> cosmetic changes
> * changed 'error' and 'abort' events to not bubble
> * deprecated DOMActivate

It still requires DOMActivate to be fired, though. We'd like to remove it
completely in Opera, and thus also remove the requirement that it be fired
in the spec (or remove it completely from the spec).

> * added description of sync/async, and started marking events as
> sync/async (there are some known mistakes, which will be fixed in the
> next draft)
> * added 'trusted' property to events, first draft of trusted events
> description, and discussed trusted events where appropriate

Does trusted need to be exposed to Web authors? Or is the concept enough
for other specs to hock onto? I don't see a 'trusted' property on events
in Opera, Firefox or WebKit.

> * removed new interface-specific initialization methods, and made event
> initialization more streamlined

Could you expand on this?

--
Simon Pieters