Re: capturing load events II

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:22:52 +0100
To: "Master Br" <master@sitesbr.net>, www-dom@w3.org

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:41:26 +0100, Master Br <master@sitesbr.net> wrote:
> /"So I may be bit biased, but did you actually check how it works for
> other
> events? "/
>
> I believe that this talk started with THE LOAD event, more specifically
> to this function:
>
> window.addEventListener('load', func, true)

Well, that function is generic. The specific instantiation may be "load"
in this case, but I think what would be expected is that it's consistent
with other events. For instance, that

   window.addEventListener('click', func, true)

... exhibits the same functionality.

> /"Do you understand how the capture phase works according to the
> DOM? Because from your various explanations it seems that you don't."
> /
> Maybe I am not an expert in DOM specifically, but I do quite well with
> javascript and have studied what works and what doesn't work in web
> programming....
>
> After all, everybody is interested in RESULTS.
>
> And the test shows that only the Opera behavior doesn't make sense.
> It is BLIND to the actual image load events added in the script.

I'm not sure I follow you.

> Sorry if this test confuses the Opera fans, but it only SHOWS how the
> browsers work.

I suggest you read the various references Hallvord gave you.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>