Re: capturing load events II

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:53:48 -0600
To: Master Br <master@sitesbr.net>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>

Master Br wrote:
> Only Opera does the weird mistake of firing the window load object for
> every load event occurred on any document childNodes..."
> window.addEventListener must caught only events on DOCUMENT, not from
> its children.
> That's why I only use Firefox.

As a Firefox developer, all I can say is that people like you, "Master
Br" simply give Firefox a bad name when you make ill-informed statements
like the first and second paragraphs quoted above and follow them up
with something like your third paragraph.  I'm quite surprised that
several well-intentioned people took the time to respond to your
original mail (which I would have simply ignored as a troll) and sad to
see the abuse you have heaped on them in response to their courtesy.

Luckily, most Firefox users are not at all like you.