RE: HTMLTableElement31.xml

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@aspentech.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:11:33 -0600
To: "'Rick Rivello'" <richard.rivello@nist.gov>
Cc: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Totally empty <TABLE> elements are not valid HTML or XHTML since the DTD's
requires at least one TBODY or TR to appear in the content model of a TABLE.
I believe that was the motivation of my changing the test document to not
have empty tables which had the side effect of compromising the motivation
of this test.

Creating and adding a table element through the DOM as the test apparently
does appears to be the best way to test that passage without requiring
implementations to accept invalid documents.

Is the passage you quoted in both L1 and L2 HTML?