Recent history on renaming DOM Core to DOM4

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:04:10 +0200
To: www-archive@w3.org
A reply to a private email.

Adrian objected[1] to the current name, I agreed and suggested[2] an
alternative, David Flanagan suggests[3] "WebDOM", I explain[4] why "DOM4"
is better, David seems[5] fine with it. After not hearing anything from
Adrian I complain[6], and he replies[7] not giving any concrete
suggestions other than that "DOM4" might be too unbounded given that the
scope is unclear. I tell[8] him I clarified the scope even more. A little
before Arthur started[9] the organization thread, where Adrian is again
vague[10] and Arthur ends up saying[11] the scope is not clear (which I do
not believe[12] is true as I clarified it mid-August).

Meanwhile I still have not gotten feedback on the proposed name nor how
the "Goals" section does not address the intended scope, but I have gotten
so much wishy washy process email I feel somewhat annoyed.

Anne van Kesteren