From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:27:18
To: Ian Jacobs<ij@w3.org>
Cc: <jeff@w3.org>; <timbl@w3.org>; <plh@w3.org>; www-archive<www-archive@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Please explain the role of the W3C in the continuing development
 of HTML

Hi Ian,

I don't know if a private conversation would be very productive, as it is a
question that quite a few people would like answered:

"Please explain the role of the W3C in the continuing development of HTML"

Pointing to a press release is not an answer. Anyway I will take up no more
of your time as you appear unable or unwilling to directly answer the
question. I felt if I didn't at least try to get the W3C to counter
web/standards community perceptions,  I would be remiss. I have now tried.

Best regards
Steve Faulkner

--
with regards