Re: New annotea server in Zope

Well, using my ruby tools I got a response that there is an annotation o
http://www.w3.org/ but the URIs are given as
http://localhost:8080/something...

I don't think that means that same thing locally as it does in the Web - I
don't find anything at localhost:8080 from my laptop.

I managed to post an annotation for Amaya (need to configure my annotataion
post tool to be flexible about which port it uses %-\ and when I looked for
that the body had been given a ful URI so maybe this is an old problem that
has been fixed.

So on the positive side, everything seems to work fine...

cheers

Charles McCN

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Brent Hendricks wrote:

>Jim Ley wrote:
>> Do you have a installation of the server we can test cour lients against,
>> rather than having to get the infrastructure in place to install
>> ourselves?
>
>Sure.  http://thehendricks.org:8080/annotations
>
>Viewing annotations is open to anyone.  For posting, I've set up a guest
>account
>
>    Login: guest
>Password: annotations
>
>I can't promise that this machine will always be up, but I'll try to be
>accomodating.  Please let me know how it goes.
>
>-- Brent

>"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
>  thought-stuff.  He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
>  by exertion of the imagination.  Few media of creation are so
>  flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
>  realizing grand conceptual structures."
>                         -- Frederick Brooks, Jr., The Mythical Man Month

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22