Re: Amaya 9.1 - problems with non so-8859-2 characters entry

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:20:22 +0100
To: jakub.holy@centrum.cz
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

Le Dimanche 06 Mars 2005 10:17, Jakub Holý a écrit :
> Once again, some iso-8859-2 characters cannot be typed in the editing view.
> The character t with caron described below cannot be typed in a document
> - neither in the main view nor in the source code view - though it may
> be typed in the url field.

How do you insert this character? With a contol sequence or just a keyboard
key?
How can I reproduce the senario?

> If I copy and insert it from another
> application it's displayed correctly. When I look in the source after that,
> it doesn't display the character but its code.
> &#357; ť  Latin Small Letter T With Caron; unicode code: 0165

If the character is not available in current encoding, Amaya generates an
entity that gives the unicode value.
If it displays &#357; instead of &#165; it probably receives a wrong character
(the character 357 doesn't exist). it seems a confusion with the local
encoding.

> Platform info
> Amaya 9.1
> OS: Windows 2000