Re: ARIA semantics for secondary navigation

On May 18, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Victor Tsaran wrote:

> Could we perhaps have a way of naming those "navigation" landmarks?
> Ideally, I'd like to see:
> Role="landmark"
> Aria-name="main menu" etc.

We do have a way: aria-label and aria-labelledby. Seems to me like
this is just an implementation detail rather than a problem with the
spec. UAs and ATs could provide label information for landmarks, in
addition to the localized name for the role. In other words, the
markup below would… er, could… result in the following landmark list:

1. Navigation: Main Menu
2. Navigation: Secondary Navigation

	<h1 id="main_nav">Main Menu</a>
	…