RE: ARIA semantics for secondary navigation

I don't think it is ideal to rely on aria-labelledby property because,
in many instances, there will be no visible label to hook onto.

-----Original Message-----
From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ryan Doherty
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:30 AM
To: wai-xtech@w3.org
Subject: Re: ARIA semantics for secondary navigation

   Thanks everyone for their input. It seems that 'aria-labelledby' is
the best option for now, even though screen readers won't announce it.
Future-proofing I guess :)

It would be nice (although probably too late) to have some sort of
'secondary' or 'subnav' roles available for situations like this, which
is quite common.

-Ryan

Ryan Doherty
rdoherty@mozilla.com