RE: Navigation without side-effects

From: Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:25:23 -0800
To: "Aaron Leventhal" <aaronl@netscape.com>, <w3c-wai-ui@w3.org>
Aaron,

This gets back to the concept of "point of regard."  Current browser
technology generally doesn't have a separate pointer for focus and point of
regard, which can be a signficant shortcoming.  The ability to navigate
through a page with a lot of content between links requires some pointer,
other than focus, to indicate current location.

Moving a "point-of-regard" indicator to an element wouldn't activate any
events, since it isn't the same as the mouse or the focus.

Denis Anson