RE: Iframes and landmarks

Thanks for your input.
I agree with you  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Léonie Watson [mailto:tink@tink.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 10:27 AM
To: Balusani, Shirisha <sirib@uillinois.edu>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Iframes and landmarks

On 18/08/2016 18:47, Balusani, Shirisha wrote:
> Can Iframes that reside in a webpages have their own landmarks apart
> from the one the web page has?
> If yes, then will  it  be confusing to the AT user having two banner
> roles , main and content info roles?

Yes, landmarks inside an iframe will work the same as those in the parent page. I would advise against having more than one main landmark anywhere in the page though - the HTML specification permits only one <main> element per page, and this is the element the main landmark role relates to.

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem