Re: Iframes and landmarks

From: Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:26:52 +0100
To: "Balusani, Shirisha" <sirib@uillinois.edu>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On 18/08/2016 18:47, Balusani, Shirisha wrote:
> Can Iframes that reside in a webpages have their own landmarks apart
> from the one the web page has?
> If yes, then will  it  be confusing to the AT user having two banner
> roles , main and content info roles?

Yes, landmarks inside an iframe will work the same as those in the
parent page. I would advise against having more than one main landmark
anywhere in the page though - the HTML specification permits only one
<main> element per page, and this is the element the main landmark role
relates to.

@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem