Re: Aria role=alert on UL tag fails validation

Hello Steve,
Thanks for responding.
I did file 23888 and 23889 and added the following to 23888:
Well I could make the validator error go away if I put the UL tag in a
div and placed role=alert on the DIV tag innstead of the UL tag.
I get the same functionality but that is more code that I have to
insert needlessly. The role=alert does not change the semantics of the
UL tag like role=navigation or role=menubar etc.
So it does not make sense to insert a div tag or not use <ul role=alert>

===
Thanks,
Sailesh