interpreting success criterion 1.3.1

From: Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:47:43 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
hi everyone,

I am interested in the group's thoughts regarding interpreting success
criterion 1.3.1.

In my sphere of operation, this success criterion is typically satisfied by
using UL, TH, and H-1-6.

That is, the success criterion is interpreted proscriptively as a
requirement to use selected elements of structural mark-up, but only for a
very limited set of relationships and/or  structures.

Does anyone know of a taxonomy of 'relationships'? Or is the definition of
relationships as 'meaningful associations between pieces of content'
open-ended?

Cheers,

Adam