SV: in-page text-to-speech

From: Morten Tollefsen <morten@medialt.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:14:38 +0200
To: "Harry Loots" <harry.loots@ieee.org>, "Adam Cooper" <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Cc: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi, Harry!

I totally agree.

In some new Swedish guidelines for web developments (only public
authorities have to follow these) accessibility is one of the
categories. The first guideline say: follow WCAG 2. The other 43
accessibility guidelines cover forms, languages, links and other things.
In one of the guidelines it is stated that talking websites are
required! I was quite surprised when I read this! If I counted
correctly, 33 of the 44 guidelines in the accessibility section are also
found under usabilityJ!

Morten