Re: SV: in-page text-to-speech

From: Brian Cragun <cragun@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:31:37 -0500
To: "Morten Tollefsen" <morten@medialt.no>
Cc: "Adam Cooper" <cooperad@bigpond.com>, "Harry Loots" <harry.loots@ieee.org>, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Can you please provide a reference to the Swedish standard you speak of?
And, is it just a recommendation or a standard?

Brian Cragun
IBM AbilityLab Consultant
IBM Master Inventor
IBM Research
Tel: 720-663-2801
E-mail: cragun@us.ibm.com

From:   "Morten Tollefsen" <morten@medialt.no>
To:     "Harry Loots" <harry.loots@ieee.org>, "Adam Cooper"
Cc:     "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Date:   08/14/2012 05:19 AM
Subject:        SV: in-page text-to-speech

Hi, Harry!
I totally agree.
In some new Swedish guidelines for web developments (only public
authorities have to follow these) accessibility is one of the categories.
The first guideline say: follow WCAG 2. The other 43 accessibility
guidelines cover forms, languages, links and other things. In one of the
guidelines it is stated that talking websites are required! I was quite
surprised when I read this! If I counted correctly, 33 of the 44
guidelines in the accessibility section are also found under usabilityJ!

(image/jpeg attachment: 01-part)

(image/gif attachment: 02-part)

(image/gif attachment: 03-part)

(image/gif attachment: 04-part)