Re: in-page text-to-speech

Hi Adam
I'm of the opinion that it is in the same category as increase/decrease
text size features on webpages. They're usability rather than AT features.
They may be useful for some people, but they are not intended to help
people who already use AT.

Perhaps its greater benefit is that it should improve the underlying
quality of code thereby making it easier for AT users to use. If websites
do support these features, then they will should to have been designed and
developed with these features in mind. Thus, a user using magnification
software or even browser zooming/magnifying may benefit from the
development process. Similarly users using text-to-speech should benefit
from the extra work that should have been done to make it BrowseAloud or
ReadSpeak friendly.

Regards, Harry