drop downs

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:10:35 +1000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi

I have been looking at horizontal main navigation where each navigation
item/link has a drop down that can be used to go to pages in the section. I
seen examples which I think could be considered accessible, but I haven't
come across one that is both keyboard accessible and very screen reader
friendly. The Mozilla site (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/) is probably the
nearest I have seen. It allows me to tab from navigation item to navigation
item and use the arrow key to move through the drop down choices. However,
when I used it with JAWS 9 I couldn't use the arrow keys.

Can anyone suggest any other examples I should look at.

Many thanks

Roger

Roger Hudson

Web Usability