Re: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact with the Web

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:46:38 -0400
To: "Shawn Henry" <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On 6/3/08, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:

> Phill Jenkins wrote:
>>         needing brighter hardware displays
>>
>> or do we consider the last on related to the content's ability to
>> inherit the platform system's ability to switch fonts and contrast?
>
> Yes, this one is related specifically to Web content's default contrast,
> ability to inherit system and/or browser contrast settings, and possibly
> providing contrast settings as part of the content features.

This exchange brought to Mind a visual image on using smaller devices,
really on *any* device large or small where this occurs as it has
occurred on 17" screens: The more scrollbar paging all over the place
because the design is [static] rather than, argh, sorry, (technical)
words eluding me much today.. When a webpage doesn't automatically
resize with a device's screen, the more inaccessible a webpage
possibly *would become* for someone with a disability related to
dexterity..

Cindy :)

- :: -
CindySueCausey.blogspot.com