From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Cindy Sue Causey
Sent: 04 June 2008 18:47
To: Shawn Henry
Cc: WAI Interest Group
Subject: Re: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact
with the Web

On 6/3/08, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:

> Phill Jenkins wrote:
>>         needing brighter hardware displays
>>
>> or do we consider the last on related to the content's ability to
>> inherit the platform system's ability to switch fonts and contrast?
>
> Yes, this one is related specifically to Web content's default
contrast,
> ability to inherit system and/or browser contrast settings, and
possibly
> providing contrast settings as part of the content features.

This exchange brought to Mind a visual image on using smaller devices,
really on *any* device large or small where this occurs as it has
occurred on 17" screens: The more scrollbar paging all over the place
because the design is [static] rather than, argh, sorry, (technical)
words eluding me much today.. When a webpage doesn't automatically
resize with a device's screen, the more inaccessible a webpage
possibly *would become* for someone with a disability related to
dexterity..

Cindy :)

- :: -
CindySueCausey.blogspot.com
www.ButterflyBytes.com
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA

Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for the former University of Central England in Birmingham
For more information about the name change go to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/namechange/official_announcement.html