Re: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact with the Web

From: Andy Mabbett <andy@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:26:56 +0100
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

In message <48457F9F.2060202@w3.org>, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> writes

>We are interested in collecting experiences, stories, and perspectives on people with disabilities using the Web via mobile devices.

I'm not disabled, nor particularly old (!), but one thing I find very
inconvenient when browsing the web on a mobile device is the inability
to cut & paste content from web pages. This means that if I find a page
with an address on it, which I want to find on a map, I have to firstly
remember it, then re-type it in my device's map application, or an
on-line mapping site.

I imagine that both the memorising, and the lengthy retyping, would be
problematic for a number of people with disabilities or age related
conditions.

Being able to disable CSS would also make many sites, which are not
designed for mobile use, more readable.

--
Andy Mabbett
            Says  "NO! to compulsory UK ID Cards":  <http://www.no2id.net/>