Re: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact with the Web

From: Andy Mabbett <andy@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:26:56 +0100
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

In message <48457F9F.2060202@w3.org>, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> writes

>We are interested in collecting experiences, stories, and perspectives on people with disabilities using the Web via mobile devices.

I'm not disabled, nor particularly old (!), but one thing I find very
inconvenient when browsing the web on a mobile device is the inability
to cut & paste content from web pages. This means that if I find a page
with an address on it, which I want to find on a map, I have to firstly
remember it, then re-type it in my device's map application, or an
on-line mapping site.

I imagine that both the memorising, and the lengthy retyping, would be
problematic for a number of people with disabilities or age related

Being able to disable CSS would also make many sites, which are not
designed for mobile use, more readable.

Andy Mabbett
            Says  "NO! to compulsory UK ID Cards":  <http://www.no2id.net/>
            and:  "Free Our Data":  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>