Re: Clear communication: (was RE: Re: Accessibility of "CHM" format resources)

On 6/7/05, Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hoi Orion,
>

> You wrote:
> >As a background, I'm a certified Master CSS2 programmer who has been
> >espousing non-pixel perfect usable designs for a long time.
>
> That is nice, others on this list as me don't have any
> certification/education in css or (x)html, because we are complete or partly
> autodidact. And that does not make that we have less knowledge of issues
> than certificied people. It is just what issues we read about and where we
> are interested it. And if our knowledge is  also up to date!

I am not suggesting that certification is necessary or that lack of
certification means anything. I too am self-taught in every
programming language I've ever learned and every technology I've ever
learned. Certification is mearly a tool employers use to shortcut the
validation process.

> So your certification does not impress me at all! All did you tell you are
> the king of Sheba! The only thing that counts is what person you really are
> and not what title you have!

I was trying to let this drop. It seems everyone else wants to keep
this part of the conversation. A fool can make a valid point,
certified or no. I have no obsession with titles. I was just trying to
shortcut the validation process.

> And i also admire Windows.. because it has so a communist character in a
> democratic (?) state so that it does not tolerate voluntary the existence of
> others like the open source movement.
> And all the patents Windows possesses, does not make that better!!!

I'm not quite sure what this means. Are you pro-communist? Or do you
simply admire a company that is communist in a democratic state? Or is
this sarcasm? Here I am lost. I also do not understand the additional
point about patents.
'
Orion Adrian