RE: Re: Accessibility of "CHM" format resources

I'd be interested to know about your qualifications because we're looking for some certification bodies.

John

 -----Original Message-----
 From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Cheryl D. Wise
 Sent: Mon 06/06/2005 20:19
 To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
 Subject: RE: Re: Accessibility of "CHM" format resources

 Orion,

 We aren't really trying to nitpick but I for one am interested in learning
 what certification you have.

 There are several out there including those from CIW (Certified Internet
 Webmaster administered by several services that also administer other better
 known certifications like MCSE, Cisco, etc.) and WOW (World Organization of
 Webmasters, accredited by the US Dept. Of Education), as well as HTML
 Writer's Guild/International Association of Webmasters.  Even Brainbench is
 offering a certification in web design.

 The Guild of Accessible Web Designers (GAWDS) has been considering offering
 a certification in accessible web design but it is in the early stages of
 discussing what sort of testing or other proof of skills/application of
 skills as well as what skills would need to be assessed. As a Guild member
 who has been interested in the minimal discussion we've been having so far
 I'm interested in other accreditation/certification entities. Especially
 since partnership with someone already offering related certifications is
 something worth considering.

 Cheryl D. Wise
 Certified Professional Web Developer -
 World Organization of Web Masters