Re: Access Keys

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:47:27 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Dean Dyer wrote:

> Greetings,
>         A question on access keys: how many of you actually use them on
> your sites?  If so, what do you use them for?  Every link?  Standard
> links?  Main navigation?  Seems like you could run out of keys,
> especially if you try to stay away from standard menu access keys.

I use them a bit on sites (mainly intranet or extranet) where the same
person would be using the same pages often and getting into the habit of
using the access keys would be beneficial (just like people who use
keyboard and mouse wouldn't touch the mouse using a desktop app they
were familiar with).

--
Regards,
Jon Hanna

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set,
I go into the other room and read a book."
- Groucho Marx