Re: Link separation (not to be deprecated!!!!)

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:35:48 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Lois Wakeman wrote:

> I agree with you that this should be deprecated if the technical
> accessibility bar is gone. If we can't keep it (WAI) reasonably simple, then
> people won't bother with *any* of the checkpoints, and adding pure-usability
> checkpoints is the thin end of a rather enormous wedge.

Good point Lois.  I have enough trouble getting the message across as it
is.  People always tend to the path of least resistance and adding picky
little usability issues just builds a wall.

As a developer, I'm pretty sick of having to put delimiters between
elements that software should recognise as being independent -
especially when the situation demands that I then style them into
invisibility!

[Note: I now do all menus as <ul></ul>].

--
Matthew Smith
South Australia