Attempt at an accessible RSS aggregator

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:23:06 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

As part of a larger project, I am working on a web-based RSS aggregator.
  Whilst the main project will be a commercial venture, the aggregator -
in its simplest form - will be released under the GPL (GNU Public License).

Whilst I am writing the essential code, I'm presenting this as a "bring
your own stylesheet" project.  (I have put together a basic one to serve
my own needs.)

The aggregator only supports one user or a group of users requiring the
same feeds.  The full version will operate on a per-user basis, users
logging into the parent system and having all preferences stored in the
main database.

This is very much a work in progress (I've only got as far as making it
work and validating the XHTML), but any comments or suggestions at this
stage would be appreciated.  "Aggie the Aggregator" may be found at
<http://www.mss.cx/mss/aggie.pl>  Please feel free to play - there's no
critical data in there.

The code and database table (MySQL) creation scripts are available on
request; I will post them to my site or Sourceforge once I've got to a
"production" standard.  Perl, a few modules from CPAN, MySQL and a web
server are required for operation.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy