Re: Skip links ARE a markup problem (was RE: Skip links should be a markup problem)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:18:30 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Unless I'm misinterpreting the XHTML 2.0 spec (and I openly admit to not
> having looked at it in any detail yet),

I will need to recheck the old specifications, but rev=made certainly
dropped out at some stage.

XHTML 2 is a red herring for the average commercial web designer.

>  From "The META Tag of HTML"

> Moreover: not every piece of meta information can be hyperlinked...what
> if the author has no relevant web page / document?

URLs are not limited to web pages.  The standard rev=made was an email
address.  They are not even limited to internet resources.  A URL
could be formed for a postal address.  By moving to meta elements,
the structuring of the data has been lost.