Re: Skip links ARE a markup problem (was RE: Skip links should be a markup problem)

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:46:29 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

John Foliot - WATS.ca wrote:
> It's about marketing/perception... Get the buzz going, get developers to
> start using them, see Firefox extensions and IE 7 "enhancements" moving
> towards a better, more "universal" navigational scheme.  While we can use
> profiles, the reality is they are more theoretical than practical at this
> point in time... How do we move it forward?

As with XFN, we need to get a basic spec proposal together that we're
all fairly ok with, use it consistently, write/blog about it, then get
the tools to support it (which, chicken/egg again, should happen
automatically when there's a sizeable number of sites use it ... or it's
a case of hassling people who're creating the extensions/plugins to
include the link types in their work)

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com